Wednesday, August 18, 2010

If I Had an Extra....

Jane introduced me to The SHU Box, where this blogger did this fun "If I Had an Extra" exercise.I thought it was a cool idea, so I decided to do it myself.

Jane beat me to it.  You can read her's here.

If the clock were set back 60 minutes right now, I would:
  • go for a run!
  • unload, load, run and unload the dishwasher
  • figure out how to transfer all my iTunes files to MP3 files and add music to my wedding website

If work was canceled tomorrow, and I had the day off, I would:
  • go to CVS and print out pictures from last week's Disney trip and start a scrapbook/collage of the trip
  • give my apartment a deep clean (including taking everything out of the fridge and wiping the shelves down)
  • laundry
  • check out new blogs to add to my reader
  • go for a run!

If, for some reason, I had the whole week of work off, I would:
  • all of the stuff above
  • travel to Charleston for a week-long wedding-planning extravaganza including:
    • meet with our photographer
    • meet with the caterer
    • visit the caterer's warehouse to pick out china, flatware, stemware, etc.
    • visit houses that we are considering renting for the wedding week
    • visit hotels and get blocks of rooms
    • finish adding addresses to my wedding invite spreadsheet
    • upload invites to wedding wire to track RSVPs
  • if there is time, spend one of those days on the beach doing nothing wedding related and just reading a book

If I were granted a one-year paid leave of right now, I would: 
given I also had some additional funds....
  • take a bunch of fancy baking and cake decorating classes and become a semi-professional caker
  • make LOTS of trips to Boston (and I mean LOTS)
  • spend a week in each of the following: London, Ireland, Paris, the Caribbean, Italy, Germany and the Czech Republic
So, what would you do with ____ amount of time off? answer here or post and comment with your link!

Thanks again, The SHU Box for this!


No comments:

Post a Comment