Sunday, July 18, 2010

Weekend Wedding Planning Success

What a weekend.

Friday after work Benjamin and I made dinner and watched Pirate Radio.  It was a pretty good movie.  I mean, I stayed awake so that means something. 

Saturday, we woke up fairly early and got right to wedding planning. 

  • Save the dates: finalized (sorta.  may be an issue with the resolution of the photo we want).  
  • Photog list: narrowed from waaay to many to like 7.  Good news is 5 of them aren't booked. 

Saturday night we went to Rustico's, our go-to restaurant out here in NoVa, with a friend of Ben's from work.  Every time we have gone for the past 3 years, Ben's ordered the duck confit pizza.  Guess what's no longer on the menu?  We substituted it with a bbq pork pizza, but it just wasn't the same. I hope they bring it back, or I see less Rustico's trips in our future.

Today, Ben got up early to play golf while I did some more wedding planning.  The wedding invite list has been finalized my friends.  This is probably the most difficult decision I've had to make with the wedding.  I would love everyone and their mother to be there, but alas that is not practical or realistic.

Not going to lie.  I got really excited typing "Mr. and Mrs. Robert Potert" and "Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Mayotte" - since both Jess and Lindsay will be sporting hot new last names by the time my wedding comes around.  (Spoiler alert: Jess and Lindsay both made the wedding invite list.)

This evening was capped off with a FANTASTIC fresh mozza, pesto, and chicken baked thingamajigger (not gonna lie - it was awesome) and a trip to the Dairy Godmother. 

Now i'm blogging and enjoying a nice glass of rose.  Ben's playing a video game on the PS3.  Next up: wedding invites and finish the wedding website. 

YAY for wedding progress1

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS!!!!

    Can't wait to see the Save-the-Dates. :)

    ReplyDelete