Monday, November 1, 2010

Turning Into My Mother

I know we all turn into our mothers eventually.  I had one of those moments the other day.

Ben and I went over to Macy's to work on our registry.  While in the china section, which is conveniently also the registry section, I noticed the very very large display of Lenox Holly holiday china.  And I wanted to put it on my registry.  All of it.

For as long as I can remember, my mom has had what we would call a robust collection of the Lenox Holly china.  And it sits in display cabinets all holiday season.  And then we use it for Christmas dinner.  I think she has a place setting for like 12 or something.  AND a setting in the plastic version for my niece.  (BTW Mom, I checked.  They didn't have the plastic version so we could pick up a second set.)  And now I find myself wanting a set for holiday dinners.  Not that I'm going to be hosting any type of Christmas dinner anytime soon....

1 comment:

  1. Well first of all, I hate to be an I told you so...but.....
    Second, it's just the start:)

    ReplyDelete