Saturday, November 20, 2010

Roomie Visit!

After a long week, I slept in until 9:30 when I woke up to go meet this girl for brunch



I met Molly at my favorite brunch spot - Founding Farmers.  I got the Belgium waffle with a side of  pepper maple bacon, and Molly got the Farmers Breakfast (eggs, toast, bacon, hashbrowns).  As always, it was fantastic.  What I was most shocked about was that we had NO wait.  I've always just done breakfast there on Sundays - when you need reservations weeks in advance or you need to wait at least 45 minutes.  Today, we had no wait whatsoever.

Afterwards, we decided to continue catching up (walk off the calories-hello, bacon!) and we walked down through Georgetown.  During our walk I came across this adorable item:

It's a silicon cupcake liner that is shaped like a teacup and comes with a little saucer.  It was adorable!  While slightly unpractical, its still combines two of my favorite things!

After the walk, I took a brief (20 minute, max) nap and Ben and I went for a quick 15 minute run around the neighborhood.  It was such a tough run.  My thighs felt super heavy like they were weighing me down.  My Endomondo running app didn't work AGAIN (it also failed during last week's 10K), so I'm not quite sure how far we went. 

On the way back, we picked up some chicken parm from Cafe Italia on Restaurant Row.  It's a cute restaurant with a lot of character.  The chicken parm was pretty good.  Not the best I've ever had (although not sure anything beats the parm from The Palm), but I would get it again when the craving hits.  We've only gotten takeout from this place, but I'm hoping we can dine-in sometime soon. 

Now we are curled on the couch watching Lie to Me on Netflix.  Cool cats on a Saturday night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment