Sunday, December 26, 2010

Blizzard False Alarm

Well, I wasn't totally sure that I was going to make it back to D.C.  They predicted a huge snow storm to hit the east coast.  Well, it hit some of the east coast, but it didn't cause nearly the hassle predicted. 

Both my mom and my sister were very concerned about the drive back to D.C.  Like didn't want me to go concerned.  They spent a good portion of Christmas night trying to talk me into staying.  While staying would have resulted in me working from home on Monday (while my mom makes me breakfast and lunch), it also would have meant a long train ride and not getting back to D.C. until like 11:00 on Monday night.  Not ideal.

So the kid I was carpooling with and I left at 9:00 in the morning and we were prepared for the worst.  For the first hour, as we drove to Philly, we had some moderate snow.  Visibility was fine, but the snow was definitely falling around us.  From the moment we entered Pennsylvania until the moment we entered D.C., we didn't see a single snowflake.  And once we got to D.C., it was extremely light flurries. 

After arriving home, Ben and I made wings (hot wings for him, honey bbq for me) and put away all our Christmas presents. I'm just sad there is no Eagles game to end the night!
 

1 comment:

  1. So you didn't get to enjoy a white Christmas?
    We did and I love it...just at Christmas. Now the snow can go and I'd love it to be about 75 degrees out for the rest of the year!
    Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete