Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas at home

Nobody decorates for Christmas quite like a mom.  Its no nice to be home and see the house decorated for the holidays.


Our Christmas tree.  Totally in the wrong room of the house.  It's been in our family room forever, but recently my mom decided to move it into the dining room

Ever since I was in the Nutcracker when I was in the 2nd grade, my mom has collected nutcrackers.  We used to have enough ornaments to fill a second tree.  One of the books in this display has my entire cast's signature.  

Remember when I told you my mom had every piece of the Lenox Holly china.  To show I'm not exagerated, above is a picture of not one, but three small lamps that are part of the Holly china collection.  See, the collection expands beyond plates and dishes.  We also have a lovely china nativity collection.  When I was little I was afraid to go even NEAR this nativity set for fear that I would break a piece.


Cute little mini-town

I guess Ben should be lucky that I only decorated our apartment a little bit, and didn't turn the whole thing into a Christmas wonderland :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment