Wednesday, March 3, 2010

WE BOOKED A VENUE!

Ok, I really need to get better at this blogging thing.

So I guess it was about a week ago, I'm walking into the elevator of my building talking on the phone when I notice a beep through from my soon-to-be mother in law. Weird I think; Why is she calling me? Mental note: Call Mrs. B as soon as you get into the apartment.

I walk into the apartment still chatting away and Ben's on the phone with his mom. He hangs up and looks at me chatting away. "We have something we need to deal with right now."

Someone approached Hibernian Hall wanted to reserve the space for April 30, 2011. They were giving us until noon the next day to either book to location or give it up to the other couple.

But...but... my parents haven't seen it yet. I didn't really like the hall at first, but we have chalked it up to the terrible tour person who didn't even turn on the lights. But then I found beautiful pictures of weddings there and got my hopes up. But I don't know if I'm ready to make a decision. BUT MY PARENTS HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET!

About a 1,000 phone calls and tons of tears stemming from my inability to make a decision, Ben and I went to bed with no decision. But we did have a list of questions to ask the hall when we call in the morning.

And the next morning, at about 11:00am we decided to pull the trigger - we reserved the space! They are sending the contract to us to sign. We will have our beautiful reception at Hibernian Hall in downtown Charleston. YAY!

Once we booked the space, a wave of calm came over me. Definitely made the right decision. I was so happy it was done. YAY WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A RECEPTION.

Centerpiece ideas have been floating in my head ever since. But that's another blog posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment