Monday, September 20, 2010

Long Week

Sorry for the lack of blogging.  Last week was really really long week.It started last Sunday, when we got an email from our building saying the power would be out hour an hour. 12 hours later, at 4 in the morning, we finally got our power back.  Needless to say, I didn't sleep at all that night. 

Now for some life updates:

Wedding
  • Save the Dates: I was finally was able to pull together addresses so we can send the save-the-dates.  Benjamin should have his addresses soon as well.  Yay for checking this lingering thing off our plate!
  • Alcohol:  While our caterer does provide bar services, we aren't required to use them.  Considering their bar pricing was outrageous, we have been looking for better options.  This weekend, we found our bar service.  Basically, we just need to check and make sure they aren't gonna overcharge us for glassware and then we can send in the check!  
  • Invitations: We've narrowed it down to two invites.  Who knows which one we will pick.  You'll find out when it appears in your inbox. 
Life in General
  • 10K Training:  This is still going on.  I'm not running quite as much as I would like, but I'm getting there.  This weekend Ben and I went for quite a long run.  It sucks, but was awesome at the same time. 
  • Baking:  Last week I attempted the blueberry maple cupcakes that Val suggested.  They were fantastic!  I frosted 1/2 with the maple frosting, and 1/2 with cream cheese frosting.  Ben preferred the maple frosting; I liked the cream cheese.  I want to play with the recipe a little bit.  I think the batter needs more sugar and definitely needed more blueberries.  Next up: chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment